Printer- A Mysterious Love Story ( Part 14: How Much Are You Getting?)

For part 13 of this story click here.
If you are new to this website, click here  to read part 1 of the story.

The day after the test when we gathered at the institute, I saw everyone discussing their marks (based on answer keys) even before entering the institute premises. They were too excited for knowing each other's marks. I was a bit exhausted after test so, I preferred relaxing rather than calculating my marks. I had no idea how much I was getting. So, I decided to keep quiet on this topic. But still everybody (who knew me) kept on insisting me for marks. To make fun out of it and because nobody was ready to hear that I didn't calculate, I decided to do an experiment to get an idea of how much my friends were expecting from me. Now, whenever anyone asks me "Hey, how much are you getting?", I would instantly tell him/her a random number that comes in my mind just after the queryπŸ˜„πŸ˜„. Sometimes, It was too high from their expectation and while at some other instant it was too less from their expectation. 

Have you experienced similar situations in past ? You haven't calculated your test marks and everyone is going crazy for that and interrogating you like a criminal for knowing your marks. Please share some similar incidents like this in the comment section.

Let me tell you one such event of mine. I was about to enter the classroom, when someone from back patted my back. Before I turn back to see who that was, he started," Aur Bhai Kitna Maraa H? ( How much are you getting ?)". 
"210 (A random number)", I turned back and replied with a smile. (The total marks was 300). He was Sumit. I had seen him roaming with Ashish and Deepanshu but never interacted with him before. Probably he knew me through them. 
"Arree baba re, itta jada, (OMG, this is too much)", He replied surprisingly.  
He asked again,"Sach m itna aa rha (Is this for real?)". 
"Yes", I replied calmly. At this point of time I just didn't wanted to change my statement. 
After this incident he didn't speak a word to me whole day. May be he was not getting good marks, so he felt little embarrassed to talk to me that day or may be he was getting enough marks and was expecting him to be the topper and I shattered his dream. Whatever, I didn't care about it and just concentrated on the lecture.

Later, when I interacted with more friends after the lecture, I came to know that there were merely a few students claiming to score above 150. So, a score more than 200 was very hard to digest for him. I felt guilty for him now. I thought of apologizing too but he was gone too soon that day. 

I was just leaving for home when I heard,"Aakaaaash, Aakaashh" from the back. From voice I could clearly recognize it was Rohini. I stopped and turned back. Yeah! she was Rohini. We had became friends now. She too started the conversation with," kitna score kr rhe". I was not in mood to talk about this thing anymore but who would dare to say no to a Girl. "Yaha Mai Pighal Gaya". But what to say to her? I hadn't calculated my marks yet and like Sumit I could not disappoint her. Well, I decided to tell her the truth and somehow I was able to convince her that I am Lazy enough to calculate my marks.  
 
After Just 2 days, the result of the test was on the wall. I was yet to calculate my marks based on the answer keys and they (Our Institute) declared the result. I was a bit late that day. When I was entering the classroom, everyone was staring at me as if I have done something wrong, especially Sumit and Rohini.

Next Part.

Please subscribe the blog for email updates or you can follow at instagram @printertales for regular updates.

Comments

  1. Eagerly waiting for the next. How many marks? Why were they staring at u ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, for your valueable reviews. I have published the next episode of the story now.😍

      Delete
  2. Happened with me too, friends were used to be more eager than me to know the marks πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment