Printer- A Mysterious Love Story (Part 8- It's all about Formulae)

For part 7 click here.

When I reached home after roaming around, the fear of memorizing formulae hit me hard. I was awake till 2:00 AM and whenever I would try to sleep, the word memorize would start echoing inside my head. After a lot of efforts, I was able to sleep just for 4 hours and when I woke up, I was again back to the war against my fear. I tried all possible ways to memorize the formulae like making flash cards, sticking formulae chart in my bedroom and even writing 2-3 times on paper but I was still not sure of whether I had all those formulae in my head or not.

Time passed and I was back to the institute. Everyone was whispering with each other but everyone was just curious about only one thing - "Did anyone memorized all formulae ?". I , Ashish and Bunny were discussing about what we did to memorize all formulae.  I said my story and they were saying theirs then suddenly we heard someone entering the lecture hall singing song containing all formulae. And yes it was rhyming too. We turned around to see who that was. Fuck! that was Sujeet. He had memorized all formulae as if it were a song by Arijit Singh. You can just see his dedication, he made a song just to memorize formulae. Apart from being Math Wizard of our batch, he was bathroom singer too. Well everybody is some sort of a bathroom singer, but he made it to the next level. 

Mr. Jamnalal entered the classroom smiling and said ," So, you all might have memorized formulae. Let's do some examples". First 6-8 examples were of elementary level, almost everyone was able to do that. After that he started raising the bar and now I had to refer to notes every then and now. And then after few more examples, I just gave up. I was not able to decide when to use which formulae. But Sujeet who was sitting just beside me, was able to do those  problems in minutes. He would just see at the problem and yell within seconds, " Isme to ye wala formula lagega". Moreover, he would evaluate 2-3 steps in head and then would write something on his notebook, then more 2-3 lines and done. And now came the tough part, Nobody was getting it for a while. Sometimes professor would replace 1 with (sin^2x +cos^2x) , then some factorization, and then done. We were like how would I get to that I have to replace 1 with (sin^2x +cos^2x) and when to sin2x in terms of cos^2x.

Whenever, Mr. Jamnalal would do any absurd replacement, Sujeet would always ask,"ye kaise hua ".

Jamnalal (with a smiling face and dramatic tone) : Its all about formulae.

This was the only reply by  him whenever we had some doubt at any point of time. We were like, "Waah! itna kah diye sir, sab samajh aa gya". On hearing this, we would laugh like hell. But believe it or not we too started getting insights like our professor within few weeks. 

If you are enjoying it, please don't forget to subscribe to get updates about amazing twists in the story. You can follow us at instagram @Printertales .

Comments