Printer- A Mysterious Love Story (Part 4- The Problem Discussion)

For part 3 click here .

Usually there was a break of about 15 minutes between two lectures. The bullet train departed and we had a break of 15 minutes. Everyone left the classroom for a while to have a glass of chilled water and to take some fresh air in the balcony. It was this break when I had a conversation with one of the neighbors that day. He was Sachin, a chubby, fun loving and entertaining guy. To my surprise, he had an Iphone while for everyone owning even a android was a big deal those days. We later started calling him "Apple" for the obvious reason. He had mango juice in his bottle that day. We both had a sip and by then our chemistry professor entered the classroom carrying a heavy book probably weighing 3 kg.

Within 2-3 minutes everyone occupied their seats again. The Professor started discussing the questions. He started yelling in a very dramatic tone, "Oneee, Twwoo, Threeee, Fouuurrr" and so on.  The one who had doubt on that particular  question would then shout like "Yes Sir! I got stuck in question no.4 ". Then professor will go like "Ohh this is the easyyy oneee, will give some hint and solve it within seconds " and sometimes he would just give a hint and pass on to the next question. In the later case we felt disappointed but the scary look given by the professor stopped us every time to intervene. I too had some doubts but since I was at the back, I was not able to communicate properly until one question when I gathered enough strength to shout " YES SIR....". Luckily he noticed but every other students noticed too. All started looking back and then I realized that I was too laud that even "Kumbhkaran" would have awakened from sleep. Well I had reasons to be this laud. I had to make sure that the professor notices me.

After discussion was over, the professor told us about the scary book he was carrying. That was a famous book of Physical chemistry authored by RC Mukherjee. He wrote a few questions from the book on the whiteboard and asked us to try to solve. The game of fastest finger first started again but this time the questions were little tricky. So there was a pin drop silence in the classroom for few minutes until Ashish shouted, " 6.43 SIR". " Yes, OK any other " the professor replied. A few others also got the same answer but I was getting somewhere around 8.7 which was not similar to any other. I didn't care to shout the answer for two reasons. (1) Ashish who never got wrong in previous class was standing with 6.43 with few others supporting the same answer, so I didn't have enough confidence to shout my answer. (2) I was sitting at back, so was not willing feel embarrassed due to my laud shout again. Surprisingly, I was the one with the correct answer and not Ashish and the herd. 

Well the lecture ended on a happy note. I had a new friend "Apple" now and I also got few answers correct that day. "We would be starting a new topic in the next lecture" the professor announced.That day I learned two lessons.(1) Always be confident about yourself  even if your opinions are different from the herd. (2) Never sit at the back. You have to struggle to communicate with the professors and sometimes face awkward situation like I did that day.

Whoever suffered that day including me started coming 15 minutes before the scheduled time, but still I was not able occupy the seat in first 10 rows during first 20-25 days. When days passed on and we started knowing each other, we started reserving seats for each other. Soon we were a group of 4 and this is where the fun begins.

Next Part.

If you are enjoying it, please don't forget to subscribe to get updates about amazing twists in the story. You can also follow us at instagram @Printertales .

Comments