Printer- A Mysterious Love Story (Part 12- Jab We Met)

For part 11 of this story click here.
If you are new to this website, click here  to read part 1 of the story.


The first Test had been announced. On one hand I was very eager to face the test while on the other hand I was not sure enough of performing well. I was topper at my school before joining this institute. I was not the only one who was topper during school days but there were many others like me too, all topper of their own schools. Every one had same insecurity going on in their minds. They all wanted to shine out in the crowd, but its bitter truth that only one would shine out as the topper among all. So, to fight against their insecurities and shine out in the crowd, everyone started their preparation for test in their own style. 

Some legends started solving reference books of their favorite subjects while some had "No Fuck Given" attitude on their face. Sachin was the one among who didn't care about the test. For example, Deepanshu could be seen solving "Irodov" while Sujeet solved entire Trigonometry by "KC Sinha". Our Professors always used to tell us,"Jitna Khte h Utna Kro, IIT aram s ho jayega". According to them the problem sheets provided to us were sufficient to crack the prestigious exams like JEE Advanced. We were advised to refer to reference books if and only if we were able to solve all problems in the  problem sheets with little effort. I being already exhausted due to the drastic change in our schedule pre and post joining the institute, used solve only problem sheets. 

Though many of us got comfortable with the environment and teaching methodologies, some started talking about leaving the institute because they were not able to follow up. Some literally gave up on the idea of preparing for the entrance. Well this is common for any similar institute. You get in touch of positive and negative vibes simultaneously. It's totally upon you to take your sides. Well, I was one among those who got comfortable. I hated changing shops even for the groceries and even for my favorite chocolate "Kismee Bar" (Jisko Pata Hai Usko Pta Hai) which every shops would have offered me the same. No matter where I am, whenever I had to buy just anything, I would rush to the same shop every time which I used to visit since my childhood. So, there was no way I could think about changing institute until and unless they shut their shops and I had no option left other than to go to other institute and this was obviously not going to happen. Our institute had quite stable cash flows with growing number of students since their inception. ( Sometimes I use shop instead of institute because it indeed is. Here we(students) are their customers. )

Within just 3 yrs of it's inception, our institute bought land worth few Crores in Posh area of the city for building and had invested another 2-3 crores to build a 4 storey building on that land to shift the institute to that building. By this you can you can make an estimate of the humongous money they used to make by that institute.

Doubt table used to be full these days. Everyone had the performance pressure, so all had to make sure they have little to no confusion about any concepts before the test. Once when I was just about to discuss my doubts with Mr. Jamnalal, a bunch of girls arrived and they started asking their doubts. Because of their shitty preference rules, I had to wait. After few minutes of me being disappointed, professor thought to engage me such that I don't loose my patience. He asked me to try to clear doubts of some of them. I cleared some of the doubts of a few standing there. A few moments later, my lady too reached to the doubt table. She being already disappointed by the professors, urged me to clear some of her doubts. This was a dream come true moment for me that day. That day, I interacted with her for the first time. I got to know her name, "Rohini" from her notebooks. Yeah, I still didn't have guts to ask even her name. After a silence of few seconds, she asked," achcha tum ques. no- 13 bta do, ye bhut dino s samajh nhi aa rha h (Okay! Can you explain me the question no. 13)". I was a bit uncomfortable for a moment but I managed because I had to. I didn't want to have a bad impression on her, so there was a new kind of performance pressure for me there. With all my efforts, I was able to clear many of her doubts that day. She and some of her friends would now always prefer to clear doubts by students and most of the time I was always present there for her rescue.

This is how all started. Read next part to know what happened next.
Next Part

Please subscribe the blog for email updates or you can Follow at instagram @printertales for regular updates.

Comments